Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Yoga time!

Yoga is always been one of those things I would love to be good at. I mean just saying 'I do yoga' sounds good! However I have only ever been to one class and the rest of my practise happens occasionally at home.

I get frustrated when I can't do things straight away, well, I obviously didn't expect to be able to this after a few sessions of yoga:
I mean.....how?! That must take some AMAZING core strength!

But then I got thinking, taking inspiration from Amie over at Running on Healthy, I didn't start running full marathons a week after I started to run! It took me over three years to get to that point. During the past three years I haven't exactly been focusing on doing a marathon, I never thought I would do that, I just enjoyed the process and the feeling of my legs and lungs getting stronger after every run!

So, I need to apply this to my yoga practise, Hell, I mean I couldn't even do a Downward Facing Dog when i started this DVD:
...But now I can! I am even getting better at Chaturanga Dandasana. That stuff is harder then it looks and I am usually shaking all over the place! After I am finished I feel soo much better about myself. I feel stronger and more...whole? If that makes sense?

The DVD above is great I have had it for ages but only use it occasionally (needs to change!). It is great it has a selection of different workouts from general yoga flow to back bends and yoga for arms. The only other yoga equipment I use is a cheap Yoga mat I bought off eBay some time ago. Its okay but sometimes it can get a little slippy. Something I don't have but would love are some yoga blocks. Currently I am using a dictionary. Not the best of tools that's for sure!

So, here is to increasing my yoga practise, strength and flexibility.


2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Love that you are doing more Yoga Emily :) Is there a studio close to where you live as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is, yes, and they do different types but it is quite expensive for each class. My gym does regular yoga for free so I might try getting mysefl to one. :)
      Also looking for some good morning/evening yoga to try :)

      Delete